2018 Postdoc Opening – Immediate – ML/Language/Dialogue
At the University of Trento ( Italy ) we are looking for highly motivated researcher to join our research team and work on Natural Language Understanding and Dialog Modeling and Systems.
The Signals and Interactive Systems Lab at University of Trento attracts researchers from computational linguistics, computer science, electrical engineering to design and train the most advanced interactive and conversational systems.
You will join the research team that has been training intelligent machines and evaluating AI-based systems for more than two decades, collaborating with leading research labs and successful startups in the world.
You can check a sample of the projects in the area of Natural Language Understanding, Conversational Systems and Personal Agents ( and more ) at: https://sisl.disi.unitn.it/demo/
The candidates should have strong background, past achievement records in at least in one of the following areas:
- Natural Language Understanding
- Conversational Modeling and Systems
- Machine Learning
For more info on research and projects visit the lab website
Visit lab website at https://sisl.disi.unitn.it/
The official language (research and graduate teaching) of the department is English.
The research fellowship will depend on experience and in the range of 19367 – 33000 Euros per year.
The position is for one year, renewable.
For more information about cost of living, campus, please visit the graduate school website at https://ict.unitn.it/
Immediate openings with start date as early as May 2018.
Open until filled.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning or similar or affine disciplines.
- Strong academic record (publications in top conferences and journals)
- Strong programming skills
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Excellent understanding of experimental design methodology and statistics
- Excellent understanding of natural language processing
- Excellent understanding of machine learning methods
- Experience working on research projects
- Excellent team-work skills
- Supervison of students
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their
2) At least three reference letters sent to:
For more info:
Signals and Interactive Systems Lab: https://sisl.disi.unitn.it/
PhD School : https://ict.unitn.it/
Department : https://disi.unitn.it/
Information Engineering and Computer Science Department (DISI)
DISI has a strong focus on cross-disciplinarity with professors from different faculties of the University (Physical Science, Electrical Engineering, Economics, Social Science, Cognitive Science, Computer Science) with international background. DISI aims at exploiting the complementary experiences present in the various research areas in order to develop innovative methods, technologies and applications.
University of Trento
The University of Trento is consistently ranked as premiere Italian university institution.
University of Trento is an equal opportunity employer.